Setup is very simple. All you really have to do is enter your Facebook profile information into your Kunversion settings page.
- At the Broker/Admin level, you should also enter a Facebook profile (setting #44). It can be your personal profile, or a business page profile. If you can send/recieve messages on your business page, that is the page you want to use.
Navigate to your settings page, and enter your profile name.
If you are not sure what that is, login to Facebook and click on your name at the top. (or click here) This will take you to your Facebook page, and you will see your ID in the URL.
So in this example, I would enter "shane" into the settings field in Kunversion. You can click the green button to verify that you have the right name entered.
When you click the green button, a new tab opens to what should be your page. Please note, depending on your privacy settings, you may need to be logged into Facebook first, in order to see your page come up.
How to Respond
If someone messages you, they will need to use Facebook Messenger. This guarantees that you're talking to someone's real profile. You will get messages normally. They will not show up in your "Other" inbox. You can use Facebook Messenger on your phone, or on your computer, the same way that you would chat with any of your Facebook Friends! ***Please note! If you are using your personal FB Profile, you will always need to check your "other" inbox, on mobile, or "Message Requests" on your desktop web browser. (You can see 'Message Requests' in grey in the screenshot below. Currently Facebook filters out messages from people they think you do not know. Business pages are not affected right now.
How does it work?
There is a tiered approach to who gets what messages. We'll break it down:
- If the lead is on your subdomain (your personal website) then the chats go to you. If you are building squeeze pages from your Agent Dashboard, those all use your subdomain.
- If the person initiating the chat is already a lead, that chat will go to whoever owns the lead, regardless of what subdomain they are on.
- If the person initiating the chat is on your Agencies main domain, that chat will go to the Facebook Profile entered into the Broker Settings page.
- If there is no Profile set in Broker settings, the chat will round robin to the active agent next in line to recieve a lead from rotation. The chat does not create a new lead, however.